Perfect Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Tomato (Pesto Sauce Recipe Included)
- 1cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1clove garlic
- 2tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 12oz uncooked penne pasta (3 1/2 cups) (from 16-oz package)
- 3cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- 3tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place Pesto ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process ingredients on medium speed. Do this for about 3 minutes. Stop occasionally to scrape down sides with a rubber spatula, until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat penne pasta and broth just to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently, until al dente and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Remove penne pasta from heat. Add pesto sauce and stir in chicken and tomatoes.
- cook over medium for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add Parmesan cheese
- Garnish with basil