Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef 80/20 lean (hamburger)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, domestic or wild, caps only thinly sliced
- 2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free, half and half
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or brown mustard
- 3/4 cup fat-free, sour cream or plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh chives or dill
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh or dry parsley
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 for meat & 1/2 for sauce) Salt and black pepper, or to taste
- 4 cups medium egg noodles, cooked
- In shallow bowl, please ground beef, salt, black pepper (mix).
- Then make small meatballs.
- Add olive oil in skillet over medium heat, then meatballs.
- Brown all over for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove meatballs onto clean plate.
- Then in a clean deep skillet, over medium heat add butter, garlic, onions, mushrooms (sauté until tender).
- Add beef broth, meatballs, and parsley.
- Let simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir flour in half and half, pour in skillet, stir and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lower heat is bubbling, add mustard and sour cream.
- Stir and let simmer for about five minutes, without boiling, but until sauce thickens.
- Then spoon over cooked noodles and garnish with dill or chives.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water in a shallow pot.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
- Let water heat for about 2 minutes (medium-high heat).
- Then add 4 cups of egg noodles.
- Stir 1 to 2 minutes (for not to stick).
- Once tender, remove from hot water to strainer.